A large chimney fire at a rural property near the Powys border was caused by a bird's nest.

Firefighters were called to the house fire in the hamlet of Whitcott Keysett, near Clun, on Wednesday evening, April 24.


An operations officer and two fire engines from Bishop's Castle and Clun responded the incident after receiving a shoutout at 7.41pm.

Shropshire Fire and Rescue Service said crews used a hosereel jet, thermal imaging camera and breathing apparatus to tackle the fire.

The fire service added that the incident came to an end by 9.46pm that evening.