DERBY honours ended even at the Flash with Welshpool claiming a point in a battling 1-1 draw with local rivals Llanfair Caereinion in division one of the North Wales Women’s League.

An end to end game swung in Llanfair’s favour when Mary Griffiths converted following a swift upfield break before Pool secured a point through Nia Mansell with 15 minutes remaining.

Meanwhile Newtown slumped to a 4-0 defeat at league leaders Ardudwy who maintained their relentless push for honours

Town’s young side matched their slick passing hosts in work rate and effort but paid the price for a poor start to the second-half as the hosts struck three goals in five minutes to seal the points and leave Town pointless.

Clare Barwood led the hosts to glory with a brace while further goals from Cari Davies and Jenna Gallagher settled the outcome.

Meanwhile Presteigne endured a frustrating weekend with the East Radnor side tasting a double defeat.

Presteigne led at Whitchurch Saints in premier league one of the South Wales Women’s League with Charlie Price breaking the deadlock.

However the Glamorgan hosts replied before half-time before completing their comeback after the break to hold out for a 2-1 victory as Presteigne’s relegation worries continued.

Presteigne were also in action on Sunday with goals from Meg Crosgrove and Sioned Price not enough as Cardiff University IIs prevailed 5-2 winners in the quarter-finals of the Welsh Cup.

Elsewhere Radnor maintained their South Wales Women’s League Two promotion bid with a 4-1 win at Cardiff University IVs.

Player of the match Gwen Samuel starred with a brace while further goals from Hayley Price and Olivia Walton ensured Radnor remained in contention for promotion.

Goals from Emma Hockley and Megan Davies were not enough for Montgomery as Telford snatched a last gasp point in a 2-2 draw in the Shropshire Women’s League.

Meanwhile Newtown slumped to a disappointing 4-1 defeat at home to Old Wulfrunians in division one of the Midland Men’s League.

Goals from Daryl Ablard, William Ashworth, Archie Harris and Andy Hobley completed the Wolverhampton side’s victory.