Harlequins produced a ruthless display of attacking rugby as they ran in seven tries against Worcester to triumph 47-33 in a thrilling Gallagher Premiership clash at The Stoop.

The hosts were on the scoreboard after less than a minute. Danny Care’s box kick inside the Warriors 22 evaded the back-peddling Bryce Heem and bounced kindly to Gabriel Ibitoye, who offloaded to Joe Marchant to thunder over the line.

They doubled their lead moments later in an almost carbon copy of their first. Marcus Smith’s kick over the top bounced into the hands of Jack Clifford, and his quick offload found Ibitoye who raced towards the line and touched down under the posts.

Two scores became three inside 20 minutes when a quick-thinking Mike Brown picked up a loose ball at the back of a ruck before darting down the wing and crossing over.

The third try seemed to kick the Warriors into life, as they spent the next five minutes camped inside the Quins 22 and they came close to scoring twice.

Wales international Josh Adams was held up short of the line, before Michael Fatialofa touched down only for it to be ruled out for a forward pass by Bryce Heem in the build-up.

They did eventually get over the line when Jack Singleton barged over from short distance following a powerful driving maul, with Duncan Weir converting, to make it 21-7.

Just before half-time, Quins claimed their bonus-point fourth try in spectacular fashion. Acting as scrum-half, Brown he produced a perfect cross-field kick to find Clifford, who claimed the ball before touching down.

After such an explosive first half, the game slowed down a bit after the restart. It was not until the 50-minute mark that Warriors managed to break through the Harlequins line.

Following a short period of pressure on the five-metre line, the ball was spun out wide to winger Heem to touch down in the corner.

But Harlequins responded immediately as Care danced his way over from five metres to push the lead past 20 points, before Brown’s sin bin gave Warriors a chance to get back in the game.

They took advantage of the extra man when Adams touched down under the posts after latching on to a Sam Lewis offload.

And there was no sign of tired legs as the game wound down, with three tries coming in the last 10 minutes. Ben Tapuai scored the hosts’ sixth of the afternoon before Michael Heaney replied for the visitors giving them their four-try bonus point.

James Lang added the seventh try for Quins before Warriors managed to grab themselves a late consolation through Tom Howe – but it was not enough to stop the hosts from winning their third league game in a row to return to the top four.