CARNO booked their place in the fourth round of the MMP Central Wales League Cup with a 3-1 win at home to Berriew on Saturday.

The hosts led with goals from Llewellyn Jerman and Geraint Jones before Sam Barker added a third with 25 minutes remaining and Norton Collins' strike proved consolation for the Rhiewsiders.

Penparcau hit back with two goals from Matthew Davies completing a 2-1 win at Abermule who led through Ed Bennett-Jones' early strike only for the southern league leaders to complete a comeback.

County Times: Action from Carno's victory over Berriew.Action from Carno's victory over Berriew. Picture by Tim Evans.


Tom Halliday struck twice as Montgomery Town battled to a 3-0 win at Trewern United in the northern league with Aled Davies completing the scoring for the Canaries.

Waterloo Rovers and Four Crosses shared the spoils following a 3-3 thriller at Maesydre.

Goals from Will Howard, Max Thomas and Jacob Edwards gave Crosses the interval lead only for Rovers to storm back with goals from Owain Richards and David Roberts before Jake Mantell came off the bench to rescue a last gasp point.

Peter Young led the scoring with two goals as Barmouth United celebrated a welcome 5-2 win at home to Meifod with further goals from William Jones, Osian Ephraim and an Andrew Hughes own goal cancelling out a Zakh Ward double in reply.

Caersws fell to a 2-1 defeat at home to title chasing Flint Town United as the Bluebirds' relegation battle continued on Saturday.

The Deesiders led with Ben Hughes netting twice before Rhys Hesden reduced the arrears with an injury time consolation for the villagers.

Guilsfield ended second best in a 3-2 defeat at home to Llandudno.

The villagers broke the deadlock with Iwan Matthews on target after 35 minutes with the Seasiders levelling on the stroke of half-time through Ethan Roberts.

Fabrizio Murtas fired the visitors ahead on the hour with Guilsfield snatching an 85th minute equaliser through Jamie Hyne,

Late drama at Clos Mytton saw Llandudno regain their lead with Daniel Holland netting a 90th minute penalty and there was still time for Matthews to spurn a penalty attempt at the other end deep into injury time.