Ground - The Crick

Founded - 1943

Nickname - The Steelmen

BRYMBO Football Club’s elevation to the national third division represents the latest chapter for the Wrexham club.

While founded in 1943 as Brymbo Steelworks the modern day club follows in the footsteps of a host of predecessors.

Brymbo Institute Football Club was founded in 1890 and competed in the Welsh League until 1897.

The club reformed in 1904 and won two consecutive Wrexham League titles.

In 1908 the club finished runners-up in the Welsh Amateur Cup.

However Brymbo Steelworks failed to lift further honours and in 1924 merged with local rivals Brymbo Green Football Club until the outbreak of the Second World War.

The Steelworks reformed in 1943 and from the 1945 until 1991 the club competed in the Wrexham League with 14 championships

The title was won in 1958 before further glories in 1966, 1967 and 1969 with the title retained in 1970 and 1971.

The club also won the Welsh Amateur Cup in 1967.

The club won the championship in 1974 and three consecutive titles in 1977, 1978 and 1979 with a glorious era sealed with further titles in 1982 and 1983.

The club also finished runners-up in the Welsh Amateur Cup in 1980 and 1983.

The club changed its name to Brymbo Football Club upon becoming founder members of the Cymru Alliance in 1990 and won the league cup in the inaugural


Brymbo ended second in the league in 1995 and merged with local neighbours New Broughton Football Club the following year to become Brymbo Broughton Football


However the club struggled for several seasons and relegated in 2002.

A brief merger with Summerhill United in 2005 ended after one season and Brymbo Football Club returned in 2007 with the club winning two consecutive Wrexham

League titles and the Welsh Amateur Cup.

A further title followed in 2018 but the following year the club were deducted 63 points, the second highest points deduction in Welsh football history, and ended

bottom of the Wrexham League.