THE weekend football, rugby and hockey round-up.


JD Cymru Premier

TNS' title defence suffered another blow as Barry Town United staged a second-half comeback to claim a point in a 2-2 draw at Park Hall on Friday night.

Dean Ebbe maintained his electric form with two goals in the opening 11 minutes as the Saints underlined their intent.

Ebbe steered home Jamie Mullan's right wing cross to open the scoring after three minutes before completing his double seven minutes later with a looping header beyond Barry goalkeeper Mike Lewis.

However Barry were back in the game early in the second-half when Luke Cooper's cross found the net via the woodwork.

Ebbe struck the woodwork before Mullan and substitute Greg Draper went close for the Saints and the home side were punished at the death when Cooper's headed effort deflected off Aeron Edwards and into the net as TNS missed the chance to gain ground on leaders Connahs Quay Nomads.

Meanwhile Newtown tasted a 3-1 defeat at Caernarfon Town.

The Robins led at the break thanks to a George Harry strike on 26 minutes.

However the Canaries stormed back in the second-half with two goals from Gareth Evans before Nathan Craig crashed home a free-kick to ensure Newtown went home empty handed.

JD Cymru North

LLANFAIR United celebrated their second win of the season to maintain their survival bid with a 3-1 win at Porthmadog.

Karl Seliaerts' 15th minute free-kick separated the sides at the break with the home side reduced to 10 men on the hour when Jay Gibbs saw red.

United capitalised by doubling their lead with 15 minutes remaining with Alun Hughes sweeping up after the hosts failed to clear Seliaerts' free-kick.

Three minutes later Josh Astley profited from a goalkeeping error to seal the points before the hosts reduced the arrears through Shaun Cavanagh.

Meanwhile Guilsfield maintained their push for a top three finish with a 2-1 win at Conwy Borough.

Chris Cathrall fired the Guils into a third minute lead and the villagers were indebted to goalkeeper Mike Jones who made a string of saves to keep their lead in tact before Corrig McGonigle levelled for the hosts at the end of the first-half.

However Guilsfield were not to be denied and with 20 minutes remaining Jack Richards squared for Jake Cook to lash home the winner.

Llanrhaeadr handed Flint Town United a fright before succumbing to a 2-1 defeat in Deeside.

Iain Edmunds struck the woodwork as the villagers began brightly with Iwan Matthews also going close from distance before Flint broke the deadlock with a 38th minute opener from Mark Cadwallader.

Matty Williams tested Flint goalkeeper Aaron Jones in a tight second-half but Flint held firm and doubled their lead late on through Jacques Welsh before Williams reduced the arrears in injury-time to set-up a tense finale.

Elsewhere Penrhyncoch stuttered to a 1-0 defeat at Buckley Town with Chris Hibbert's 77th minute strike proving decisive.

MMP-NL Mid Wales League One

BOW Street celebrated a comfortable 3-0 win at home to Four Crosses in MMP-NL Mid Wales League One.

Goals from Llyr Davies, Tom Williams and Jon Pemberthy ensured the points for the Magpies.

Peter Rees scored the only goal as Caersws battled to 1-0 win at home to Radnor Valley while Sean Griffiths netted twice against his former club as Carno earned a 2-1 win at home to Montgomery Town.

Llansantffraid held Aberaeron to 1-1 draw at Treflan while Llandrindod Wells eased to a 6-1 win at home to Tywyn Bryncrug.

Ryan Sims led the spree with a double while Rob Nicholls, Matt Tong, Kieran McCarley and Jack Evans completed the tally.

MMP-NL Mid Wales League Two

HARRY Vince-Holt starred with both goals as Machynlleth battled to a 2-0 win at Abermule in MMP-NL Mid Wales League Two.

Elsewhere Tom Ellis was also a two goal hero as Waterloo Rovers stormed to a 6-1 win at Churchstoke with Jake Mantell, Ryan Ellis, Jack Weaver and Nathan James completing the scoring.

Pablo De Torres' hat-trick helped Aberystwyth University to a 4-0 win at Dyffryn Banw with Josh Swift completing the tally.

Penparcau ran riot in a 9-0 romp at Knighton Town with Liam Lewis starring with a hat-trick.

Ryan Edwards added a double while goals from Mike Gornall, Anthony Evans, Liam Jacques and Harry Turner completed the drubbing.

Meanwhile Dolgellau prevailed 5-2 winners at home to Presteigne while Forden United's clash at home to Borth United was postponed.

MMP-NL League Cup

LLANIDLOES Town kept their league and cup double bid on track with an 8-3 quarter-final win at home to Kerry.

Jack Biggs led the scoring with a hat-trick while Dafydd Carruthers netted twice while Dewi Allen, Ed Clarke and Ashley Owen completed the home tally

JT Hughes Montgomeryshire League

MEIFOD celebrated an 8-2 win at Maesyrhandir in division one.

Phil Hughes led the spree with four goals while Gwyn Davies netted twice with Hywel Bennett and Rob Hughes completing the Kings tally.

Llanrhaeadr Reserves eased to a 4-0 win at home to Trefonen with goals from Barry Morris, Ryan Broadbent, James Burgess and an own goal.

Meanwhile Llangedwyn won 2-0 at Llanfair United Reserves with James Broadbent and Rich Evans on target.

Bishops Castle prevailed 5-2 winners at home to Llanfyllin Town with goals from Mark Griffiths, Sam Naden, Connor Beasty, George Mellor and an own goal cancelling replies from Lee Morris and Zak Ward.

Elsewhere Caersws Reserves claimed the Friday night spoils with a 3-1 win at Welshpool Town Reserves in division two.

James Coleman, Craig Clayton and Huwi Wainwright goals proved enough for the villagers after Liam Pickstock fired Pool ahead.

Newtown Wanderers' clash with Waterloo Rovers Reserves was postponed while Four Crosses Reserves won 3-0 at home to Kerry Reserves thanks to a Robbie Morris double and Byron Edwards effort.

Boys and Boden Montgomeryshire League Cup

TREWERN marched to a 5-1 win at Llanfechain in the third round of the Boys and Boden Cup.

Sam Griffiths and Chris Lewis each struck twice with Rhys Pain also on target for the Tigers.

No result available for Llanymynech v Churchstoke Reserves.

Watson Financial Mid Wales League South: Builth Wells Reserves 1 Llanidloes Reserves 1; Felindre 3 St Harmon 2; Penybont United 0 Rhayader Town Reserves 3

Pip Samuel Cup, second round: Brecon Northcote 3 Llandrindod Wells Reserves 2; Talgarth Town 2 Hay St Marys 1

Central Wales Cup

MARC Jones' penalty double inspired Berriew to a 3-0 win at home to Brecon Corinthians with Harry Watkins completing the tally to seal a semi-final ticket.

Central Wales Women's Cup

MARY Griffiths led the rout with seven goals as Llanfair United romped to a 10-0 win over Felinfach to book their place in the semi-finals.

Gemma Jones added a double with Sarah Ellis completing double figures.


WRU Division Three East Central: Llandrindod 40 Old Tylerians 3

WRU U19s North Wales Cup Final: Newtown 18 Nant Conwy 33


North Wales Women's League: Welshpool 2 Ruthin 0; Llanfair Caereinion 0 Ardudwy 0; Newtown 2 Dysynni 3

South Wales Women's Premier League Two: Cardiff Met 5 Presteigne 0

South Wales Women's League One: Radnor 3 Milford Haven 0

South West Midland Men's Premier League: Harborne 10 Newtown 2