Cardiff Metropolitan 4 TNS 1

TNS tasted a crushing defeat at the hands of Cardiff metropolitan on Sunday.

Despite their bright start with Dean Ebbe shaking the post inside the opening few minutes the Saints failed to impress at Cyncoed.

The home side took a shock lead on 25 minutes with Rhys Thomas steering home a left wing cross from Eliot Evans with the Saints defence rooted.

Adrian Cieslewicz fired inches wide for the Saints but the Oswestrians continued to struggle to get a foothold in the game as the Archers harried and hassled all over the park.

The home side doubled their lead on 37 minutes with Sam Snaith following up to net after goalkeeper Paul Harrison parried Evans’ shot into his path.

The Saints rallied and almost reduced the arrears before the break with Ryan Brobbel swivelling in the area to send his chipped effort onto the bar.

Saints manager Scott Ruscoe introduced the dependable Greg Draper in a bid to save the game but instead the home side extended their lead with Snaith completing his brace after capitalising on more defensive weakness in the TNS ranks.

The confident Archers continued to totally dominate the game with the Saints throwing on Kurtis Byrne and Lewis Kane on the hour in a bid to energise their below par display.

Danny Redmond was one of the few Saints players to concern the home defence with the midfield sprite firing wide with 15 minutes remaining.

However moments later and the Archers completed their scoring with Chris Baker firing beyond Harrison to send the home faithful into ecstasy.

TNS continued to plug away and were rewarded with a late consolation as Redmond’s throughball teed up Draper to slot home.

However it was not enough to prevent TNS tasting a heavy domestic defeat and third loss of the campaign so far as Connahs Quay Nomads stole a march at the top of the table.

TNS: Harrison, Spender, Hudson, Cabango, Marriott, Holland, Brobbel (Byrne 59), Redmond, Ciesliewicz (Lewis 59), Mullan, Ebbe (Draper 46). Subs: Roberts, Hmani, Nembhard, Clark

Att - 262