LLANIDLOES crashed out of the WRU Bowl with a 35-16 defeat at Dolgellau.

Wing Jake Hinge opened the try scoring inside the opening quarter of an hour with centre Henry Roberts adding the extras

Despite Llanidloes hitting back through stand-off Jordan Davies’ penalty the home side restored their seven point advantage with Roberts adding a penalty of his own.

Davies added two further penalties as Llanidloes were rewarded for their pressure only for the visitors to conceded a poor penalty just before the break for Roberts to convert.

It was a similar story after the break with stand-off Dafydd Roberts racing over for a try, converted by Roberts who added a penalty to his tally.

Llanidloes rallied and were back in the tie when James Davies’ try was converted by Jordan Davies.

Dolgellau ended the match strongly with wing Gareth Hughes racing over for a a brace of late tries with one kicked by Roberts to ensure the hosts a place in the second round.

Head Coach Adam Gaca said: “This was a useful game for us to benchmark where we are against one of the strongest sides in our league.

“ I can’t fault our intensity and work rate but need to work on our accuracy and decision making ahead of our next game at home to Rhyl.”

Meanwhile COBRA made light work of Welshpool with a 40-5 victory booking their place in the next round.

Centre Iwan Vaughan crashed over from a five metre scrum before flanker Lee Hughes added a second try with both converted by Will Worthington.

Pool were still in the tie at the break with Tom Davies touching down following a driving maul.

However it was all one way traffic after the break with Vaughan adding his second try of the day while full-back Richard Jones also crossing twice with No8 Jack Jukes completing the try count while Worthington added three conversions.

Meanwhile Llandrindod Wells endured a day to forget in an 82-10 thrashing at home to Fairwater.

Sam Davies’ try was converted by Ashley Hammond who also kicked a penalty but a dominant Fairwater were led to glory by Mike Bratcher and Ryan Griffiths who both celebrated hat-tricks while Jack Evans added a brace.

Further tries from Liam Free, Kieron Bentabet, Bradley Mais, Elliott Phillips and Kieron Samson completed the rout.

Meanwhile Machynlleth conceded their tie at Colwyn Bay while Trefyclawdd were granted a walk over after Garndiffaith conceded their clash.

Elsewhere Welshpool IIs crashed to a 38-17 defeat at home to Llandudno IIs in the North Wales IIs League.

Meanwhile Newtown maintained their bright start to the North East Wales Youth League season with a commanding 55-5 win at Rhyl.

Rhys Morris starred with two tries and five conversions while Ryan Parry, Kyle Rowlands, Liam Morris, Freddie Jones-Hoare, Joe Banfield, Rhydian Morgan and Isaac Davies also crossed the whitewash.