MARK Griffiths enjoyed a successful start to his reign as Caersws returned from Bow Street 2-0 victors.

Summer signing Phil Jones broke the deadlock with a first-half free-kick before Elliot Jones doubled the visitors lead after the break to celebrate winning start to the campaign.

Llanfair United showed no mercy to a visiting Knighton Town with Karl Seliaerts soaring to the top of the goal scoring charts with an impressive six goal haul in a 12-0 victory.

Josh Astley completed a hat-trick while a double from Andrew Hughes and a Gethin Stephens goal completed the opening day drubbing and left Knighton manager Adriano Girolami to pick up his deflated young side.

Welshpool Town were also among the goals with Ricky Litchfield and Will Thomas sharing the limelight with both netting doubles in a 5-0 win at Carno while Ian McLeod completing a comfortable victory for the Lilywhites who handed goalkeeper Gary Foster his comeback following a six year absence from the game.

Berriew also sharpened their teeth on a visiting Builth Wells side with summer signing Charlie Humphreys leading the way in a 5-1 win.

Fellow new arrival Joe Haycock also opened his account while Harry Watkins and the returning Richard Davies also struck to cancel a Danny Ives effort in reply.

Tywyn Bryncrug began the campaign on a high following a testing summer with Nick Williams and Cullen Rodgers on target in a 2-0 win at home to Llansantffraid Village.

Meanwhile Llandrindod Wells also got off to a flyer in a 3-1 win over Aberaeron at Broadway completed by goals from Robbie Nicholls, Kieran McCarley and Ryan Sims with Steffan Gittins reducing the arrears for the visiting Seasiders.

Elsewhere a deflected goal from new signing Connor Bird earned Llanidloes Town a battling 1-0 win at Churchstoke, now under the helm of Andrew Green who will be encouraged by his side’s performance against the much fancied Daffodils.

Radnor Valley also overcame a tough opening night challenge with Liam Jones’ deflected cross completing a 2-1 win at home to Kerry.

Callum Matthews gave the Goats the early lead only for Mark Hughes to head Kerry back on terms.

An even match saw both sides give no quarter in their pursuit of an opening night victory.

However the home side were not to be denied their opening night win with Jones’ cross deflected into the Kerry net to give Valley the points.