GUILSFIELD opened their JD Cymru North campaign with a comfortable 4-0 win at home to new boys Mold Alexandra today.

Victory was never in doubt for Nathan Leonard's men after a storming end to the first-half which saw Jamie Hyne break the deadlock after 34 minutes before Iwan Matthews and Joe Haycock struck by the interval.

Matthews completed his double early in the second-half as the Guils toasted a winning start to the season.

Penrhyncoch also marked Gari Lewis' return to the helm with a 1-0 win at home to Buckley Town with Geoff Kellaway's 11th minute strike proving the difference at Cae Baker.

Elsewhere Llanidloes Town were upstaged as new boys Porthmadog staged a second-half comeback to resign the Daffodils to a 3-2 opening day defeat.

The returning Jamie Breese opened the scoring to put the home side ahead before Elliot Jones doubled Llanidloes' advantage before the break.

However Alex Boss reduced the arrears on the hour before Rhys Williams levelled with eight minutes remaining and Callum Parry snatched glory for the visitors in injury time.


Meanwhile Llanfyllin Town hit back to prevail 3-2 winners over 10 man Trewern United in the MMP Central Wales League North on Friday night.

Goals from Barry Haralambous and Luke Francis gave the Tigers the lead before Liam Pickstock reduced the arrears for the hosts before the break.

The dismissal of Harry Clifton on the hour changed the fate of the game with Pickstock levelling before Darren Greenway completed the Magpies' comeback.

Meanwhile Kerry maintained their bright start to the season with a 2-0 win at home to Dyffryn Banw on Saturday courtesy of goals from Xavier Matisse and Rob Harvey.

Earlier in the week an Ugis Treimanis goal proved the difference as Waterloo Rovers edged a 1-0 win at Four Crosses while goals from Lewis Gorman and Greg Pryce completed Abermule's comeback in a 2-1 win at home to Carno who led through Geraint Jones' early strike.

Meanwhile Barmouth United celebrated a 3-1 derby win at Tywyn Bryncrug who led through Nathan Morris before Ieuan Brooks' hat-trick completed the visitors' comeback.