Windsor Place, Shrewsbury, Shropshire

£825,000

Guide price

  • Bedrooms: 8
Town Centre Location, Historic Building, Grade II* Listed Building, Office Accommodation, Commercial Investment Opportunity, Residential Conversion Opportunity Subject to Planning Permission, Period Georgian Façade and interior, Eighteen Rooms, Sold as a Going Concern, Business Rates 2019 £12,643.25

Situation: Situated in one of Shrewsbury's most popular residential areas, Windsor House is a fine property of significant local historic interest.

Currently occupied by a number of commercial tenants, it is believed Windsor House was built circa 1768 as a private residence for John Windsor, a notable local solicitor. It passed to his son, Edward Charles Windsor, who was High Sheriff of Shropshire in 1781.

It is not known how long Windsor House remained a private residence but it was occupied from 1927 by Balfour and Cooke (latterly Balfours LLP) until their relocation in 2012.

The uniqueness of the building lies in the fact that it retains much of its original form and interiors and offers a fine example of Georgian architecture in Shrewsbury.

The accommodation is arranged over five storeys and retains a wealth of original features such as oak panelling and ornate cornicing on the ceiling.

The building is currently used for high-end serviced office accommodation, with a number of businesses occupying individual rooms with a shared reception.

It is understood that the property has an established use within the Class B1 (offices) of the Town & Country Planning Order 1987. For information on the commercial offices within the building, one can log onto: www.shrewsburyoffices.com. A tenancy schedule is also available by separate request.

The inside of the building retains an almost completely original late 18th Century interior including ornate timber panelling, period fireplaces and original staircase.

It is believed to be the first time since 1938 that this historic building has come to market, making this a rare Shrewsbury commercial opportunity.

Located in Shrewsbury town centre, Windsor House is situated on Windsor Place overlooking St Mary's Church to the south and the River Severn and Shropshire Hills to the east.

Shrewsbury features an extensive range of shopping, fine dining, museums and a theatre. The Quarry Park is close by and holds numerous events throughout the year including the annual Flower Show.

Windsor House is well placed for a good selection of schools including Shrewsbury School, Shrewsbury High School for Girls as well as St Winefride's.

The A5, a short distance away, provides excellent links to the Northwest via Oswestry and to the East onto the M54 and the national motorway network. A direct train service is available from Shrewsbury to London. International airports can be found at Manchester, Liverpool and the East Midlands.

Please note this property is owned by members of Balfours LLP.

Directions: From Shrewsbury train station, walk up the hill on Castle Gates with Council House Court on the left-hand side. Take your next left onto Windsor Place where you will find Windsor House on the right-hand side, opposite the parking for Watergate Mansions.

Arrange viewing 01743 353511

Balfours LLP - Shrewsbury

The Square, Shrewsbury, Shropshire

See all properties from this agent

Send me homes like this by email