ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984-SECTION 14(1)(a)Notice ID: MF0281537
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984-SECTION 14(1)(a)
THE A49 TRUNK ROAD (LUDLOW TO BROMFIELD) (TEMPORARY RESTRICTION AND PROHIBITION OF TRAFFIC) ORDER 2018
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that Highways England Company Limited (Company No. 9346363) intends to make an Order on the A49 Trunk Road between Ludlow and Bromfield, in the County of Shropshire to allow resurfacing, road markings, stud replacement and gully relocation works to be carried out.
The effect of the Order will be to -
(1) impose a 40 miles per hour speed restriction on the A49 between the centreline of Fishmore Road overbridge, at Ludlow, and a point 663 metres northwest of the centreline of its junction with the A4113, at Bromfield;
(2) impose a 10 miles per hour speed restriction on the A49 between the centreline of the B4361 Bromfield Road underbridge, at Ludlow, and the centreline of its junction with the A4113, at Bromfield. when signs indicating "convoy working" are displayed;
(3) close the A49 between its roundabout junction with the A4117 and Henley Road, at Rock Green, and its junction with the A4113, at Bromfield;
(4) close any layby adjacent to the length of the A49 described in (3) above; and
(5) prohibit vehicles from entering or leaving the length of the A49 described in (3) above at its junction with any side road.
The work is expected to start on Monday 9 July 2018 and continue for twelve days. The carriageway closure and prohibition will be in operation overnight between 20:00 hours and 06:00 hours and the 10 miles per hour speed restriction will be in operation daily between
09:00 hours and 20:00 hours. The layby
closures and the 40 miles per hour speed restriction will be in force from 06:00 hours and 20:00 hours respectively on Monday 9 July 2018 and will continue for 24 hours per day for the duration of the works. The Order will come into force on 6 July 2018. Vehicles being used for police, fire and rescue authority or ambulance purposes will be exempt from the speed restrictions, closures and prohibition. Vehicles being used for special forces purposes will be exempt from the speed restrictions and vehicles being used in connection with the works will be exempt from the closures and prohibition. Access to properties will be maintained at all times. Diversion routes via the A44, the A4110 and the A4113 and vice versa will be in operation. For further information please contact Esosa Ikolo on 0300 470 3105.
Karen Eustace, an officer in Highways England Company Limited Highways England Company Limited (Company No. 9346363) registered office: Bridge House, Walnut Tree Close, Guildford, GU1 4LZ. A Company registered in England and Wales.