Chimney fire causes severe damage to roof in Buttington


Elgan Hearn

FIRE FIGHTERS  from Welshpool, Llanfair Caereinion, Montgomery, Llanfyllin and Llandrindod Wells were called to a chimnet fire at a property at Buttington.

this is the third incident involving a chimney that fire fighter have had to deal with in less than a week.

They were alerted to the fire at just after 5,10pm on Sunday, December 3.

It took over two and a half hours for the crews using breathing apparatus and a main jet to extinguish the fire which severely damaged the roof.

A spokesman for Mid and West Wales Emergency Services said: “The fire involved a roof void in the detached property and resulted in an area of the roof void being severely damaged by the fire and heat.








See full story in the County Times

Leave your comment

Share your opinions on

Characters left: 1500

Most Read